Here's what parents can do to help teenagers dealing with stress:
· Keep the lines of communication open
· Let your child know that you’re on his/her side
· Don’t judge your child to harshly, remember you made mistakes too.
· Make your home a safe place
· Create affordable fun family activities so you and your child can relax
· Spend time together
· If a particular situation is causing your child stress, role-play with your child and demonstrate options for how to handle the situation. Learn coping skills together. Talk with your pediatrician or request a consult to talk with a healthcare professional trained in stress management.